This creamy, crunchy, minty, chocolaty creation is not just for Christmas anymore.
- 1/2 pound (8 ounces) chopped dark Ghirardelli chocolate
- 1/2 pound (8 ounces) chopped milk Ghirardelli chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon (or more to taste) peppermint extract
- 1 pound (16 ounces) chopped white Ghirardelli chocolate
- 3/4 cup chopped candy canes or peppermints
1. Line an 11 x 17 inch baking sheet or two 9 x 13 inch pans with parchment paper.
2. Melt dark and milk chocolate in the top of a double boiler over lightly boiling water, stirring constantly. Stir in 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract.
3. Spread chocolate evenly onto the prepared sheet, using a spatula. Chill until set, about 1 hour.
4. Melt white chocolate in the top of a double boiler over lightly boiling water, stirring constantly. Stir in 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract, then add crushed candy canes/pepermints and stir to combine.
5. Spread white chocolate mixture over chilled dark chocolate, spreading to the edge of the pan with a spatula.
6. Chill until set, about four hours or overnight. Refrigerate until just before serving, then break into pieces and serve.